“Sometimes you find yourself in a crowded room with people that remind you of the person you used to be, and people that make you think of the person you want to become. And if you’re lucky enough, you take these moments and tuck them in the folds of your memory - to remind you how far you’ve come, and how far you’ve yet to go.”—M.K. (via saintofsass)
- I have three exams - April 12, 17, and 28 (P. Chem, Stats, Biochem). Obviously I have the hardest exam first and have less than a week to study for it. #pchem
- Just had an interview for International Nutrition on Tuesday and I GOT SHORTLISTED FOR DIETETICS!!! MAY 1ST INTERVIEW, 10 AM. GONNA KILL IT. I hope.
- I worked out for the first time in three months after I stopped training with my trainer. My ass got whipped. I don’t think I have ever been this unfit.
- Exam season officially marks the season where I spend the most on coffee, junk food, and eating out. Gonna camp out at Culprit or Irving.
- I’m going to Japan and Taiwan for A MONTH!!! Was planning to go to Hawaii to WWOOF originally but I think I’m saving that for next summer (or STN next summer ;3)
- I WENT OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR ON THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL to Block Party. Thank god I went. I was on the verge of not going because I was (and still am) hella stressed. However, I had the time of my life with my roommate. Amazing music, friends, and so much horrible dancing (on my part).
- Oh, I kinda asked a boy out that I have been crushing on for over three months and I think he said yes (on the night of Block Party).
But I guess ultimately what scares me about marriage is where do you find this person? You know a lot of times, most successful relationships, people meet through work, school, mutual friends.
But what’s most interesting to me is when people just meet in life, just randomly.
You know, I have a friend, he got married, I asked him like “Hey, uh, where’d you meet your wife?” He was like “I was leaving Bed, Bath & Beyond. I was looking for my car - I drive a gray Prius. I saw a different gray Prius, I thought it was mine, I walked up to it, I realized I had the wrong car, but I bumped into Carol, we started talking, that was that”. That’s unbelievable.
Think about all the random factors that had to come together to make this one moment possible - this one moment that changed these two people’s entire lives:
First off, this guy has to live in this particular town. Then he has to get a gray Prius. Then he has to need to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond. Then he has to go to that particular Bed, Bath & Beyond. Then there has to be another guy who also lives in town, also drives a gray Prius, also needs to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond, also goes to that particular Bed, Bath & Beyond at around the same time. Then they have to both park somewhat near each other, my friend has to leave before the other guy leaves, see the wrong Prius, think it’s his, walk up to it. Then the woman, Carol, needs to be near the wrong gray Prius for a million other random reasons. They bump into each other, they start talking, their entire lives are changed.
That’s the most amazing and terrifying thing about life.
It is, cause the amazing thing is that at any moment, any one of us can have that moment that totally changes our lives. You could be leaving the show tonight, bump into someone… it could change your life. You don’t know, that could happen.
The terrifying thing is… what if we’re all supposed to be at Bed Bath & Beyond right now?