ambedo n. a kind of melancholic trance in which you become completely absorbed in vivid sensory details—raindrops skittering down a window, tall trees leaning in the wind, clouds of cream swirling in your coffee—which leads to a dawning awareness of the haunting fragility of life
- The Mother’s Day Brunch shift was crazy busy today. I worked for 4.5 hours with barely any food in my stomach and my goodness, I was hungry. They sent me off at the end unexpectedly, before the servers cashed out so they better remember to tip me out..
- Working again in an hour, yippee.
- I need TV shows to watch. I’ve been a crazy TV girl lately, just because I need it after my rows in the morning, before/after work, etc., to calm me down and make me relaaaaax. I started Supernatural today, but I have a feeling it’s gonna be a bad idea - mainly because that show is definitely gonna make me scared and not be able to sleep at night. So, send me suggestions pleaseeeee!
- I’ve been drinking so much coffee and tea recently, I hope my teeth don’t turn dark. Wah.
Because I like lists and point-form and don’t like writing organized paragraphs/essays all that much (if anyone ever gets into my head, they will know how disorganized my thoughts are and how quickly I get distracted), I’ll start talking about my life in point form more often.
- Woke up with a headache today - was supposed to have a good decent 8 hours of sleep but I didn’t wake up with the feeling I wanted.
- Didn’t end up getting the apartment I wanted in Van. In a way it was my fault that I didn’t want it earlier. I was adamant about living on campus but then I realized a little too late that the apartment was actually so much better to live at and the location was nestled just a block before a big road with all these super awesome cafes and stores - I just wanted to experience the true Vancouver city life for once. I guess not anymore. I’m not on speaking terms with my dad at the moment because he pretty much screwed up this whole arrangement.
- Applied for positions at the bookstore for the back to school rush yesterday. Hopefully I will get a call back. Frick I AM DESPERATE.
- Applied for a volunteering thing too and I am applying for another job at this urban farm. I hope I get it, I’ll be prayin’.
- Took my mom to some nice brunch in Gastown today and it was delicious. I ordered my mom a mocha with Kahlua and it was so strong and I can’t believe she just drank it all and looked the same and acted the same afterwards. According to her she’s hardcore when it comes to alcohol because apparently my grandmother trained her with rice wine in dishes -_-.
- I took a lot of photos in the past few days and have been experimenting more frequently with Adobe Lightroom. I have to say that my editing skills have been getting a lot better recently. I took some photos today of my mother at the nice restaurant and goodness, she looked wonderful. She’s really photogenic and I hate her for not giving that photogenic gene to me. But anyways there was also a ton of beautiful natural lighting in that place and it was the best spot for portraits (except ones of me) and food.
- I wish I was photogenic :’( SOBS.
- Going to work in an hour. It’s gonna be a long night. Hopefully/Hopefully not? I don’t really want to work but I need to earn money. Meh.
- I START SCHOOL MONDAY.
- I have to go eat before work now.